Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Judgmental Women

I have real, good friends.  Yes I do.  Regretfully, I haven't always been a real, good friend.  I wasn't equipped or groomed to be one & instead of loving unconditionally just because, I loved based on getting my own needs met.  When a friend didn't "perform" up to par, irritated me, or made me feel threatened due to jealousy, I backstabbed them.  Whether that meant whispering critical words to my other "friends" so I'd feel better about myself, or just simply writing them off for a day, week, or month's', I'd continue this vicious cycle with my closest friends over & over again.  It's been a journey to be a better friend and I have been on it for about 6 years now.  But again, that's a whole other blog to explain why I feel now I am more equipped to be a real, good friend & I'm not going there today because I have something, or should I say someone, else on my mind.  

I have been blessed with a few real, good friends; one being Corissa. I was thinking about how much I enjoy this girl today.  Corissa is beautiful.  She is wonderful inside & out.  I wish that I could say that I saw her for her true self immediately & loved her right off the bat, but that was not the case.   Matter of fact once we became friends we admitted that our first few encounters truly exposed our catty, jealous hearts because we didn't care much for one another because each of us were a little "too cute" for comfort.  However, once we saw past our own physical insecurities & befriended each other we realized that we were truly destined to be BFF's :) .....

I guess the point I want to get to is this:  Oh, ladies- let's stop judging women that we don't know.  We weren't created to be enemies.  We need these beautiful women to be our sisters, not our adversaries!  It's likely that the one woman we dislike the most without really getting to know is the one woman who God wants to bless our lives with by a wonderful friendship.  How many friendships have I missed out on because of being judgmental? :(  Remember what goes around comes around.  You know, we do reap what we sow.  I sure don't want to be judged, which is exactly why I try to keep myself in check in this area.  We will all mess up, but just gotta be quick to stop ourselves.

So with all that said, next time we want to be critical of a new woman, or maybe even an old friend,  let's not.

2 comments:

  1. Lauren, That is good... thanks for being so honest and up front! It is so much better to live a life not being threatened by other women because of our own insecurities. Freedom is truly a miracle to me. And yes, this is challenge I am constantly encountering, but I will keep focusing on the One Who calls me beautiful! That is where the answer is. Hugs to you sister, Carin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Sherman I just read this... This is great :) I love being your friend... and our story behind it is an amazing story, as you have written. Thanks for the encouraging words... you're an awesome Godly friend!

    ReplyDelete